Effective Date: 01/12/2014
(1) What do we collect?
When you initiate a transaction carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, register for an account or subscribe to our newsletter, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal:
- Contact such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing such billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name and password
- Preferences such as product wish lists, order history and marketing preferences
- We also collect non-personally identifiable from you automatically, such as about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation
(2) Cookies and other tracking technologies
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping bag; prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognize you when you visit and keep track of your preferences in relation to the use of our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3rd Party Tracking
(3) Using your personal
We may use your personal to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications (See “Opt-Out” section below);
- provide third parties with statistical about our users – but this will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- display personal reviews of our products from customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. (If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us using the below.)
In addition, we may disclose your personal :
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights including providing to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk;
- to the purchaser or prospective purchaser of any business or asset that we are or are contemplating selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal .
- if Arya & Co. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal , as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal ,
(5) International data transfers
In addition, personal that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal .
(6) Security of your personal
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal . We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
We will store all the personal you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password except when you log in to the website.
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Your rights to access and control your
If your personal changes, you may correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have it removed by making the change on your user account settings page, by emailing our Customer Support here or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact listed below. If you no longer desire our services whatsoever and request that we delete your from our database, you may contact us directly.
You may instruct us to provide you with a record any personal we hold about you. Provision of such will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee currently fixed at £25.00; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
We may withhold such personal to the extent permitted by law. We will retain your for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page. You may also instruct us not to process your personal for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal for marketing purposes.
(9) Third party websites and plug-ins